Goodmorning Moments
Me and the Sea:
The hotel I was staying in loaned kayaks for free so after sunrise I pushed one off the dock and set off into the Caribbean Sea. The sun's warmth on my skin and the paddling made me feel so alive. The water was a patchwork of dark blue and turquoise, and I could see the coral and fish peacefully going about their lives below me. I stopped near one of the cayes and laid in my kayak letting the lapping waves rock me to sleep. Yes, I felt like Anne (of Green Gables) except I woke up to a speedboat full of fishermen instead of a sinking canoe and a handsome suitor.
Coffee in Copan:
A dog at my feet, a warm cup of coffee on the wooden table, a good book accompained by a background of instrumental music, raindrops plopping onto bright green leaves in the garden, and a kitchen full of women sharing stories and laughing. Yes, it was a picture perfect morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home